At Webster University in Tashkent, we take pride in our hand-picked faculty and staff who enable us to maintain a high standard of education and support for the people we serve — our students. We hire nationally and internationally, selecting candidates who will bring their unique experience, knowledge and skills to our constantly growing body of faculty and staff.
We are currently accepting applications for the faculty and staff roles described below.
Position Title: Undergraduate Advisor
Department: Department of Academic Affairs
Number of Positions: 1
How to Apply: Submit a resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line
As an undergraduate advisor, this position serves as the Advising Officer of the Tashkent campus and reports to the Vice-Rector for Academics. Advisors provide high-quality academic advising to Webster University students. Advisors assist students in the creation of educational plans that promote student success, align with the student’s academic and career goals, and follow academic curriculum requirements. Advisors are expected to understand, interpret and communicate academic policy and procedure to both students and colleagues across the institution. Proactive advising approaches focused on student retention and completion are integral and advisors may engage in intrusive advising and continuous follow-up to at-risk students. By building relationships with academic units and other academic/student development partners, advisors can guide and refer students to appropriate resources. Advisors obtain and share knowledge across multiple disciplines. Advisors are responsible to their students, their institution, their professional practice, for involving others, to higher education, and to themselves.
The mission of advising is to empower students to achieve their academic and professional goals while providing comprehensive advising tools and resources to the Webster University community. The Advisor is responsible for academic advising matters; the focus and pertinence of this work is on academic quality and student success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating undergraduate scheduling, advising and registration, including through the usage of all applicable University systems, such as CX/CARS, Starfish and Qualtrics, and through the registrar, program leaders and others applicable in Academic Affairs.
- Monitor and participate in recruitment, registration and retention initiatives, activities and reports relative to data-driven decision-making.
- Assist in ensuring undergraduate academic policies and procedures.
- Assist with student academic performance, progression and success, including warnings, probations, dismissals and reinstatements.
- Assist in undergraduate faculty and student success training and development workshops/meetings, including orientations, registration and admit days.
- Provide accurate academic advising to students, both in person, virtually and in all communications, including entering student schedules/changes into CX.
- Develop broad skills that apply to all applicable undergraduate programs, but may be assigned to a specific program or school/college.
- Assist students in developing educational plans that are consistent with academic and professional goals of student.
- Provide students with accurate information about academic progression and degree.
- Teach advisees skills and knowledge to promote student retention and success.
- Assist students in overcoming educational concerns and seeking educational opportunities.
- Help students access campus resources that will increase academic success and refer students to appropriate campus resources, including globally and digitally.
- Assist in evaluation and determining student transfer of credits.
- Review, collect, and utilize data about student academic and educational needs, performance, retention, completion and concerns.
- Acquire and share knowledge across multiple academic disciplines, including GCP and ESL.
- Understand, interpret and communicate undergraduate academic and programmatic policy and procedure.
- Collaborate with faculty and other service units across campus and serve as a resource for other advisors, faculty and University colleagues, particularly in academic affairs.
- Engage in career advising and coordination with career development.
- Participate in events as well as the recruitment activities.
- Contribute to the vision of Webster University and Academic Advising.
- Understand and attention to student development and relevant theories.
- Assist the Vice-Rector of Academics relative to other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced degree (master's)
- Ability to cultivate and maintain supportive internal relationships with Webster team, and the various constituents of Webster University Tashkent
- Ability to work collaboratively on shared strategic goals with academic and administrative leaders.
- Experience in international higher education, including overseeing degree-granting locations abroad.
- Commitment to high quality, innovative, S-style student-centered learning and to providing students with transformative education for individual excellence and global citizenship.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion and demonstrated ability to work successfully in a diverse, multi-cultural, complex international organization
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, persuasive speaking and presentation skills; ability to advocate for Webster University, its students, faculty and programs.
- Fluency in English (required).
- Must possess or be able to obtain employment credentials required to work in Uzbekistan.
Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
How to Apply: Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line
General Statement of Duties
The HR Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop and coordinate the policies, activities and staff of the HR department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand and develop the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs, including but not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for workforce planning, hiring, and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information systems.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilities professional development, training and certification activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For Appointment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and its employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of Uzbekistan employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Position Title: Instructor of Film and Video Production
How to Apply: Submit your CV to this form
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must be able to teach offline (on campus) at Webster Tashkent. Special arrangements may be made for international faculty moving to Uzbekistan for this assignment. Details on request.
- Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience in the video production business is also required. Proven professional experience in video production is a must.
- English at a professional fluency is required.
- Must be capable of working autonomously in the areas of videography (camera or multi-camera with sync sound) using stabilizers (Ronin or other), 3-point lighting, and must be able to direct others in a larger crew is needed.
- Must be proficient in DIT (digital image transfer), editing projects in Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects.
- Integrate all video and audio components in the new video studio on campus; podcast and radio facilities.
- Be able to produce and direct a multi-camera shoot with several camera-persons, audio engineer and video-switching engineer.
- Familiarity and production experience with the following equipment and systems:
- Sony cameras; 6500, 6600, A7Siii, FS5, FX6 (or the majority of these).
- Zoom Recorder H4N.
- Ronin, (DJI) Stabilizers, ability to learn Osmo, Manfroto and Moza.
- Adobe Suite, primarily Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Video Studio Configuration and Integration: Control Room Setup; Black Magic Multi-Camera Switcher; Wireless Headset operation (x6); Wireless Multi-camera Transmission; Audio Mixing and Microphone equipment; Basic Lighting setup.
- Familiarity with Windows workstations (primarily), but also Mac workstations, and cross platform translation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word; Excel; Outlook.
Courses to be Taught
- FTVP 1100 Produce and Direct
- FTVP 1200 Camera and Light
- FTVP 1300 Edit and Color
- FTVP 1400 Graphics and Effects
- EPMD 1000 Introduction to Media Production
- PHOTO 1010 Digital Basic Photography
Other courses may also be offered depending on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Webster University in Tashkent is currently accepting applications for adjunct faculty in the following fields:
- business law
- computer programming
- computer science
- data analytics
- information technology
- international relations
- media studies
- public relations
- sustainability studies
Do not see a position for you, but still believe you would make a great Webster staff or faculty member? Submit your CV or resume so we know you're out there!
Diversity and Inclusion
Join Our Team
Webster University in Tashkent is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educator. We value diversity among faculty, staff, and students, and we actively seek to hire and encourage applications from those who are less represented in academia, based on gender, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and/or other identity.
At Webster University in Tashkent, we are a global, higher-education institution located in Uzbekistan. We are happy to call this country our home, and it is part of our mission to contribute to its development. Consequently, we are committed to creating strong bonds with other universities and educational institutions, government, business, and private entities in Uzbekistan.
Our open extracurricular events, including lectures and workshops, are always open to public participation. We encourage our students, faculty, and staff to engage with our broader community, and to seek out opportunities for partnership or change.
Walker Global Hybrid Courses provide students with a unique international experience through a focused online course plus a one-week international trip to locations such as Brazil, China, and Greece.