Embrace Webster University's mission 'to transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.'
Webster University’s Master of Arts in Education and Innovation aims to develop knowledge, skills and creative competencies in educational design and innovation. The program serves community, business and organizational leaders, trainers, educators and other professionals in the public, private and voluntary (nonprofit) sectors. The program bridges the online or on-campus learning environment and the workplace by cultivating personal transformative learning and professional efficacy. Students develop teamwork and collaboration skills for real-world problem-solving, high-impact instruction and change process management. The program stresses experiential learning designs and technology transfer. Participants in this program learn to foster a "culture of innovation" in multi-faceted learning environments, workplaces and community contexts.
At Webster Tashkent, the program is delivered in an on-campus format with the option to attend lectures remotely.
Join the Education and Innovation Program in Uzbekistan
Webster University's MA in Education and Innovation is offered online and on campus in Tashkent. Groups start classes in this program up to five times a year. Those interested in applying may do so at any time and choose a start date that is most convenient.
Contact the Admissions Office:
Webster's Master of Arts in Education and Innovation Program
The online MA in Education and Innovation at Webster University is designed to prepare you for careers in instructional design in education and organizational training development in any industry as workplaces become increasingly digital. Faculty members are associated with the Webster Center for Creativity and Innovation (WCCI) in Geneva, Switzerland.
The program focuses on human interactions with digital technology from the perspective of users. The five core courses introduce you to design thinking and the process of innovation, and are taught by experts, scholars, and practitioners in the field of creative studies, educational studies, educational technology, and psychology.
- GOAL 1: Promote, inspire and cultivate creativity and innovative thinking for learning, service and leadership.
- GOAL 2: Practice instructional methods and technologies for transformative learning, interdisciplinary problem-solving and planet-sustainable solutions to local and global issues.
- GOAL 3: Develop competencies as design team leaders and learning facilitators.
- GOAL 4: Engage in lifelong learning for continuous improvement in professional practice and collaborative leadership.
33 Credit Hours
Core Courses (15 hours)
- EDIN 5001 Foundations of Global Citizenship (3 hours)
- EDIN 5180 Creativity and Innovation (3 hours)
- EDIN 5624 Transformative Learning (3 hours)
- EDIN 5630 Creative Multimedia Design for Innovative Learning (3 hours)
- EDIN 5650 Design Thinking (3 hours)
Electives (15 hours)
At Webster Tashkent, all MA EDIN students take the following elective courses. Up to 9 hours of approved transfer graduate courses from other universities or in-service courses may be included in the program.
- EDIN 5140 Evaluation of Training Programs (3 hours)
- EDIN 5190 Leadership and Innovation (3 hours)
- EDIN 5461 Curriculum: Creativity and Design (3 hours)
- EDIN 5750 Writing and Information Literacy (3 hours)
- EDIN 5840 Innovations in Learning Systems: Global Perspectives (3 hours)
Capstone Course (3 hours)
- EDIN 6001 Integrated Studies: Education and Innovation (3 hours)
Webster Center for Creativity and Innovation (WCCI)
Located at Webster University Geneva, the WCCI is dedicated to the scientific study of creativity and innovation and its applications to business, education, art and design, technology and society. The WCCI collaborates with a wide network of European and international centers, institutes and organizations, inside and outside of academia. Its aim is to advance our understanding of creative processes, teach the management of innovation, and offer a space for companies and organizations to meet and have the facilitation required to foster change and development processes.
You may also be interested in
Founded in 1915, Webster University is committed to ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence. In 2019, Webster Tashkent joined our network to bring the best of American education with the first U.S. university in Central Asia.